Sunday, January 25, 2009

What a Girl Wants....

What this girl wants, what she really, really wants is... a new job. I made the mistake of updating my status on Facebook to read, Smart Cookie has never wanted anything more. Oh. My. Word. The gossip shitstorm that that statement ignited was effing HILARIOUS.

First of all, anyone who knows me knows that J and I have been trying and failing to have babies for like, ever. Well, I guess that that statement is not entirely true. We've been trying quite successfully (ha, ha), just failing to get that elusive egg to do her job and let that sperm penetrate. Anyhoodle, this cryptic status update apparently piqued some of my peeps curiosity, and like that super fun elementary school game Telephone, all of a sudden, I was receiving congratulations for being, are you ready for it? PREGNANT! I about peed in my pants. Hysterical.

The truth is, I didn't want to announce to the whole world that I'm looking for a new job. I'm currently gainfully employed, and I'd like to keep it that way, capisce? But there are some job opportunities on the horizon, and I want them. I really, really do. I've never been so excited or passionate about the possibilities. *Deep Sigh. I've never wanted anything more.

Oh, and my Facebook status now reads, Smart Cookie OMG! Would love to be, but is NOT pregnant!

At least not yet. ;0

1 comments:

AmandaDufau said...

ssshh...don't tell anyone, but I'm in the same predicament. (the job thing, not the pregnant thing).