Friday, January 16, 2009

Ooooooh......So Sparkly!

I had totally forgotten that one of my new year's resolutions was to learn how to make jewelry. I know, I know -I only made this resolution two weeks ago, and I'd ALREADY forgotten about it! But yesterday, I received some birthday cards from my most favoritestes and included in the envelope (along with three cards -one from my nephew Jack, who um, just happens to be a dog)was some info. about jewelry making. Oh. Thanks for reminding me! I thought about ordering the kit, but then I thought a more prudent approach would be to actually try it before committing to the whole kit and caboodle.

So this afternoon, I googled "Bead Stores in Miami, Florida" and I hit upon this little gem. They're a bead store, and they offer free (FREE!) jewelry classes. When I called, the lady said the only class that was available this month was basic stringing. I told her that was no problemo since I was just a beginner. And, I convinced my coworker S to join me. How fun does that sound? Super, I know. Honestly though, I think what convinced her was the free part, but let's not quibble about the details, yes?
Anyhoodle, my class is in two weeks! Yay for me!

Um, yeah, I'm not even pretending my first try will look like this. But a girl can dream.

1 comments:

christina said...

glad you liked the cards ;)

and have fun at your class! i used to make jewelery a long time ago...i had a lot of beads. my mom loves all that creative shit.