Thursday, January 1, 2009

2008, A Retrospective

1. What did you do in 2008 that you’d never done before?
The flying trapeze, blogging, facebook.

2. Did you keep your new year’s resolutions, and will you make more for next year?
I didn't keep them, but not for lack of trying. I definitely have some for this year, though.

3. Did anyone close to you give birth?
No one close to me, but some of my facebook friends gave birth this year. Lucky bitches.

4. Did anyone close to you die?
No, thank goodness.

5. What countries did you visit?
Sadly, none.

6. What would you like to have in 2009 that you lacked in 2008?
A baby, a new job, financial security.


7. What dates from 2008 will remain etched upon your memory, and why?
My birthday. Hello, panic attack.

8. What was your biggest achievement of the year?
Hmfp. Getting my Professional Certificate? Gosh, did I reallly accomplish nothing this year? *hangs head in shame.

9. What was your biggest failure?
Taking things too personally.

10. Did you suffer illness or injury?
Nothing physical, only mental. :)

11. What was the best thing you bought?
Drapes for the master bedroom and guest room.

12. Whose behavior merited celebration?
Gosh, I don't know. Tina Fey?

13. Whose behavior made you appalled and depressed?
Mr. & Mrs. LeDouchetard, my principal, and my students. Hate my job much?

14. Where did most of your money go?
To my closet.

15. What did you get really, really, really excited about?
Buying tickets for the Britney Spears concert this March.

16. What song will always remind you of 2008?
Single Ladies, Beyonce. Just Dance, Lady Gaga.

17. Compared to this time last year, are you:
a) happier or sadder?
About the same
b) thinner or fatter?
Fatter
c) richer or poorer?
Poorer

18. What do you wish you’d done more of?
Been happy with what I had.

19. What do you wish you’d done less of?
Been sad for what I didn't.

20. How did you spend Christmas?
With my family.

21. Did you fall in love in 2008?
I'm already head over heels for J.

22. What was your favorite TV program?
Heroes, What Not to Wear.


23. Do you hate anyone this year that you didn't hate last year?
See #13.

24. What was the best book you read?
Eat, Pray, Love; Love the One You're With; Twilight series, esp. Eclipse.

25. What was your greatest musical discovery?
My taste in music is pretty lame. If I "discover" anything, it's because it's so wildly popular, I'd have to be living under a rock not to "discover" it.

26. What did you want and get?
Anything I could charge that was under $100.

27. What did you want and not get?
A baby.

28. What was your favorite film of this year?
Twilight. LOVED it. I'm seriously considering getting a bootleg copy -gasp! I know, so illegal!

29. What did you do on your birthday, and how old were you?
I turned 32 in 2008 and had the worst panic attack I've ever had in my LIFE. I had to leave school early, and I spent the day in bed, crying. :(

30. What one thing would have made your year immeasurably more satisfying?
J being happily AND gainfully employed and financial security.

31. How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2008?
Feminine, flirty dresses.

32. What kept you sane?
J, spinning, shopping, blogging.

33. Which celebrity/public figure did you fancy the most?
Robert Pattinson. Did you know that boy can sing, too? Loves it.

34. What political issue stirred you the most?
Don't judge me, please, but I'm not too interested in politics. I support our current president, and I'll support our next president as well.


35. Who did you miss?
No one.

36. Who was the best new person you met?
Nobody NEW, but lots of new peeps I reconnected with.

37. Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2008.

Just because you do your best, doesn't mean your best will be appreciated.

38. Quote a song lyric that sums up your year.

Have I been blind

Have I been lost

Inside my self and

My own mind

Hypnotized

Mesmerized

By what my eyes have seen?

Have I been wrong?

Have I been wise

To shut my eyes

And play along

Hypnotized

Paralyzed

By what my eyes have found

By what my eyes have seen

What they have seen?

-Natalie Merchant

"Carnival"




This is what it's going to be for 2009, bitches!



K, your turn!

2 comments:

christina said...

funny you mention illegal copies of that movie - i just got one yesterday! haha.

we're on the same wavelength.

Lesli said...

Thanks for stopping by my blog! Hey, I have tickets to see Britney, too--mine are for April in Minneapolis. Happy New Year!!