Monday, January 19, 2009

Buyer's Remorse

I have a really bad habit of buying stuff and not putting it away the minute I get home. So, I'm embarrassed to say, that I had a pile (PILE!) of shopping bags in the family room, the spoils of Christmas and birthday excess, which occurred within two weeks of each other. Since I didn't have school today, I spent the morning putting stuff away. I was a little horrified at the amount of stuff I had accumulated in such a short period of time, but I was pleased that I still really liked everything.

Well, almost everything. I bought a purple dress at ZARA, which I will probably be returning later this week. I bought it for my new job. You know, the one that I don't even have yet? Yep. That new job. It was mismarked, so I got it for $20 bucks less than the retail, but, eh. I don't have anywhere to wear it, and since it's purple (a pretty purple, don't get me wrong), I really can't fathom any place I could wear it, except of course, my new non-existent job.

I also bought sunglasses similar to these:


I really loved them when I bought them. But now? Oh. No. I put them on, and ugh. I have a really, really long face. Like potato head long.

And, I never thought this would be possible, but they make my face look even LONGER. Not just that, but when I smile, my cheeks puff up the lenses past my eyebrows. Ay ya yai. They are a colossal mistake. And the worst part? I cannot find the receipt. I still have the little bar code thingy that the sales assistant put on price tag, but I'm worried that I won't be able to have my credit card (not Nordstrom) account credited and have to take a store credit.

Because. Because I already bought another pair of sunglasses doing the net zero math of returning those sunglasses.

I hate returning stuff. H. A. T. E.

1 comments:

FB @ FabulouslyBroke.com said...

I dunno I think they look cute!

But I think I see what you mean about them making your face look longer since they are larger..

Fabulously Broke in the City

"Just a girl trying to find a balance between being a Shopaholic and a Saver."