Sunday, January 25, 2009

Today...

I did it! I used my running shoes for their God-intended purpose! I used them for running!* I just wanted to start moving again after being immobile for so long. So today, I went to the park by my parents' house and stepped to it. I'm not discouraged that I wasn't able to go as far, as fast, or as long as I could normally go when I'm more fit, but for the love of all that's good and holy, it has been 24 days! Give a girl a break! Oh, um, excuse me. That's not really directed at you, dear reader. That's just me talking back to my cranky, bitchy inner voice. I'm working on being more positive.
Anyhoodle, I'm on the right track (get it? running, track? oh forget it). It's all about baby steps.



*K, maybe not running exactly, but fast walking and jogging.

0 comments: