Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Confessions of a Shopaholic

K, let's be honest. I don't really need a reason to shop -I just really, really love to shop.


But. But, sometimes, girlfriend is just shopping some deep feelings away. Let's get all How Do I Love Thee? and enumerate the reasons, shall we?

  1. J has been home for the last two weeks. Thankfully, he's getting paid, but having him home all the time has made me lethargic, lazy, blah. Which brings me to,
  2. I have not exercised in two weeks. I come home from school, lay in bed with J, fall asleep for a couple of hours, wake up, make dinner, overeat (I made J go to Publix yesterday just to buy sugar cookies because I had a craving), watch TV, go to sleep, wake up (not a moment earlier than I need to, mind you), and go to school,
  3. which is bleh. I really cannot stand the girls in my class. I only have 4, and one of them is ESOL, but I can tell she's already being corrupted by the other ones. It's like Mean Girls for seven year olds. Why, for the love of all that's good and holy, do we no longer have corporal punishment? The last time I got spanked I was 24, my friends. My room was a mess and my mom lost it. She chased me around the house, and I let her! You know why? Because Smart Cookie respects her mother's authority -that's why! I mean, I tried to hold her back a little, I'm not an idiot, after all -BUT STILL! And I have one kid whose mom works at the school, and whom I've got some MAD beef with. She's always giving me the evil eye and making these snarky digs. Bitch better watch her back. I have practiced a comeback for any comment that she might throw at me, and she's just lucky that I'm avoiding her like an ill-fitting satin prom dress because Smart Cookie is ready, my friends. Off the chain, READY.
  4. And yesterday I found out that my cousin and his wife are pregnant -which is yay for them! But poo for me. Because guess who has two thumbs and is NOT pregnant. Oh, that would me moi. And, she's like 36 or 37. Not that there's anything wrong with that. BUT I'm 33! Where's my baby? Where?
So today I went to Forever 21. I had fallen in love with this little dress online, and I tried it on, and lo and behold, guess who came home with me? Oh, that would be she. And she is absolutely lovely. Joining her on the trip home was a MAC Blot Pressed Powder in Medium, a DKNY dress (on SALE!), and a tanktop (ALSO ON SALE!). There was a dress I LOVED in the Macy's Junior's Department -I was trying to find a pic. of it online, but to no avail. It was $79, and although Smart Cookie is not averse to spending $79, she sure as hell is not spending it on one day dress. Especially when all the stuff at Macy's eventually goes on sale. Like super 40% plus 15% off (like the DKNY dress and tanktop) sale. I was feeling a little guilty until I remembered I had my birthday money. Bon voyage, birthday money. We didn't even get a chance to get to know each other. Oh, well.

1 comments:

christina said...

shopping is so great - i love it hardcore. however, somedays i am just not in the mood...i walk into the mall and if there is a swarm of people, i walk out. i can't deal. luckily, my new favorite mall (which also happens to be the expensive, fancy mall - hello "the westchester"? come on), is never super crowded. not even during the holidays. it may be due the fact that you have to pay $3 to park. no other choice.

ps. LOVE! the dress.