Thursday, January 1, 2009

Marshall's -A Love/Hate Relationship

So after my little adventure with J today in the emergency room, and after picking up J's prescription, I went for a little emotional detox at Marshall's. The Marshall's by my house is really awesome, and I can usually find some good stuff. The last time I was there, I got these really beautiful black patent pumps, and the time before that, I got a great CK push-up bra -I'm an A cup and can use all the help I can get.

But, the sucky thing about Marshall's is that you can never go looking for something. I found those great pumps because I was drawn to their siren song. After I found them, I realized they'd be perfect for a job interview (and I didn't even have my interview dress yet, or an umm, interview). But if you go looking for something in particular, it's guaranteed that you will NOT find it. Example: After I found that great CK bra, I went back looking for other CK bras, and NADA, ZERO, ZIP, ZILCH.

Anyway, today when I went, I found this great Rachel Bilson for DKNY dress (#4) for $19.99!



Only problem? I'd already bought it -FULL PRICE in September. I think it was $69 smackers, and the only reason I bought it was because I was doing some serious retail therapy after finding out a friend was pregnant with her third child. I get lots of compliments on it, but jeez! $20 bucks! And then, as I was casually checking out the bras, what should I see? Nothing but the very CK bra I was currently sporting, and which I paid, not full, but definitely not Marshall's price, on sale for $17! Ugh!


You see? You see why I love Marshall's while at the same time cursing it's existence? Because every time you go in, it's a gamble. You never know what you'll find. But I guess that's what keeps it exciting. Today I bought some black lace undies, a black Laundry sundress, and the same pumps I bought last month, but in red.


You got me Marshall's. You GOT ME!

0 comments: