Saturday, July 18, 2009

I Knew I Had Good Taste

Do you guys read this website? I love it. Imagine my surprise when I found a link illustrating six different ways to wear this dress -that I'd worn just this week!


I wore this dress to a fashion show at the Liv nightclub in the Fountainbleau hotel. This is the hotel that hosted the Victoria's Secret fashion show last year. And it is way too posh for me. I had no idea that it was so fancy. I felt like a square peg. Like I could start singing that Sesame Street song, "One of these thing just doesn't belong here. One of these things just isn't the same."
My sister's boyfriend's sister is working as an intern for Miami magazine, and she got us on the guest list. Anyhoodle, I was excited about going. Because trust me, it's one of those clubs that I would have never been able to get into on my own. My cousin K said she and a couple of girlfriends came to club one night, "dressed to the t" and that they wouldn't let them in unless they each paid $100 cover charge.
I had no idea it was going to be held in a club. I thought the fashion show was going to be outside by the pool, so I did wish I'd just worn black and dressed a little fancier. Like pretty much everyone else. This dress is a little casual, and I hate being under dressed.
But, even though I got a lot of compliments on my dress (from my cousins), I felt that it made me look VERY THICK in the thigh and butt area. I'm thinking before I wear it again, I should take in the seams on the sides so that it's not so flowy and more straight line-y.
What do you think?
P.S. I finally got a chance to wear my new shoes.

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

I know the post is about your dress, but I love your place! Love that pic behind the tv. Where'd you get that?