Saturday, July 25, 2009

Alternatives to Branding Myself For Life

So last week I had mentioned how I had really wanted to get a tattoo on my wrist that said, "Trust in the Lord, always." And I had also detailed my family's visceral reaction upon finding out said ruminations and their absolute poo on the idea.

I mean, the day of my surgery, my mom broke down and said, "Ay, Smart Cookie, that's so LONG, I mean, if you want a reminder, why don't you just tattoo the initials? Hmmmm. What would that be? T. I. T. L., and A. Right? How about that?"

My response, "Seriously, mom? You don't want me to get a tattoo that says, 'Trust in the Lord, always, but TITLA? TITLA, is okay? No."

Anyhoodle, in between bedrest and reading and America's Next Top Model marathons, I've been searching online for some suitable alternatives to getting a tattoo.

My favorite kind of jewelry is bracelets. I love necklaces and earrings, too, but sometimes I'd just rather wear my everyday cross and studs than change 'em up. But, bracelets? Oh, I heart you.

So looky here:



These are my three choices. I'm partial to the one in the middle, because let's face it, it's the most Smart Cookie-ish, but I also like the other two. I have a teacher bracelet that's similar to the one on the top, and the black one I threw in because I thought the black and pink was a really cute combo.

So what do you think? Leave me some love and let me know.

1 comments:

Chrissy, Jess, & Baby Lena said...

I love black and pink but don't see it on you. I love both #1 and #2. #1 might be my fave.