Sunday, May 31, 2009

My Kind of Party

Last night we celebrated my cousin C's 30th birthday with a luau-themed party that was totally reminiscent of an episode of MTV's My Super Sweet Sixteen, complete with "talent" (I'm not sure who they were, but several guests had heard their songs on the radio) and a celebrity guest DJ, DJ Laz, who often collaborates with Pitbull and Flo'rida -totally ghetto, but totally awesome, especially if you're 305.

Anyhoodle, while I was there, my cousins and some friends and I were chatting about our shopaholic tendencies, and we totally related to having stuff with the tags still on them in our closets, and a strange aversion to wearing our new clothes because we didn't want to "waste" them.

I'm super guilty of this. I buy super cute stuff with the intention of wearing it totally casually on regular, random days, and then I never do.

So we thought it might be fun to have a "dress up" party. Invite some cookies to come over with some of their cute clothes and have a grown up dress up party. Doesn't that sound like fun? I'm starting to plan it, and I can't wait!

1 comments:

Andie said...

I think it's a great idea. Something else you guys could do- do a swap party- everyone brings a few items of clothes that they don't wear anymore and you think you may want to "swap" with friends and then everyone goes home with a new outfit.

You guys could even make the party a theme and decorate the house like a boutique, etc. :)