Thursday, May 7, 2009

Backyard Blues

My backyard is pretty sad. It's the part of the house that gets the least attention.

But not anymore!

My mom made some cushions for some of my grandparents' patio furniture. The cushions are upholstered in a mouthwatering lime green. Just my style. My mom had the cushions made so that the furniture would look good for my brother's wedding. After the wedding, she told me I should ask my grandparents to give me the furniture. And because they're so awesome, they let me have it. Score!

So here are some things I want to add. Eventually, of course. I'm still counting my pennies.
This umbrella is from Pier One. I love it because it's bright and cheery. The only thing I don't love is the price. This baby is $129.95. But I haven't seen anything else I heart as much.

Just like I haven't found a chaise lounge I like as much as this little stunner from Home Depot. I would need two, duh, because where would J sit? So that would be $159.95 x Deux. Yikes. That's going to take a while.

And finally, every year we buy ourselves a kiddie pool. Maybe this year we should invest in something more permanent. Maybe. It's a little cheese-tastic, but it beats having to go to my mom's pool. But then again, my mom's pool is free and this one is $129.95.

Goodness. It'll probably be Christmas by the time I round up enough cash to by myself this stuff.

0 comments: