Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Is This Relationship OVER?

For years, I've loved Forever 21. Loved. Never would a week pass by that I wouldn't come home with a yellow bag stuffed with a few well-priced beauties. Guaranteed I could not step foot in the store without spending at least $25. Yep. Do the math cookies. $25 (minimum, mind you) x 52 (weeks) =$1300 (YIKES!! -but I am now saving $25/week, that's right, I'm on the road to being responsible).

I mean, I've said several times that Forever 21 has ruined me, ruined me for regular stores. I could be at, oh, let's say Macy's, and I'll see a really cute jersey dress for $48.

$48 AMERICAN DOLLARS? WHAT? DO YOU KNOW HOW MUCH I COULD GET THAT FOR AT FOREVER 21? PROBABLY LESS THAN $20! OH HELL TO THE NO!

Anyhoodle, lately? The magic? It's gone. I have not bought anything from Forever 21 since Lent. Nothing. Not a tanktop. Not a skirt. Not a flirty little dress. Nada. Zero. Zip. Zilch.

The hemlines are too high. A little crotch-tastic if you will. The waistlines are too high. So high they might as well be wrapped around my neck. The cuts make my thighs look like racks of ham and my belly like I'm eight months pregnant. Um, no. No. No. No.

However, Forever 21 is coming out with a new line called Love 21: Sophisticated style at a price you can't pass up. Hmmm. Maybe this love affair can be saved after all.

0 comments: