Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Le Sigh

So. When I was thinking of writing this post, I started thinking about the scariest words in the English language -except for death or dying or any variation thereof, because duh, those are the granddaddies of awful words.

Anyhoodle, here's my list (in no particular order):

foreclosure
debt
layoff
recession
cancer
infertility
miscarriage

And today's word of the day: paycut. That's right, cookies. My salary has been cut 8%. FML, right?

I know that at the very least, I'm still employed. Yay for me! And after last year's setbacks, I am grateful.

But I remember four years ago when we had little debt, paid all of our bills by the 15th, and had money in the bank. Never did I think that in four years we would be going backward (financially), instead of forward.

And the thing that bothers me the most is that I had finally been on track, saving little bits of money, having an actual plan. It's like everytime I have it together, something happens and I have to start from square one. And now, starting in August, I'll have to cut an extra chunk of money out of my budget.

Deep sigh.

0 comments: