Monday, June 22, 2009

T & A

Did the title excite you? Ooooops! Just a typo. :) It's really Q & A -clever, right? No? You hate me now? Pervert.

I copied this survey from the super adorable Lesli, so buckle up, and enjoy the show.

What is your current obsession?
Right now I'm really loving maxi dresses, so I find I'm always on the hunt for those. Y'all know about my aversion to pants, and even though I have nice legs (I think, anyway), maxi dresses are comfy, casual and have the added bonus of making you look and feel put together. I bought a light purple maxi dress on Sunday from Love Culture for $15 smackaroonies.

This is one that I bought last month and haven't worn yet. I'm taking it on our trip to Santo Domingo next week, and I plan on being all bronze and toasty when I wear it. :)




What is your weirdest obsession?
I don't think I have any weird obsessions. I have a lot of strange idiosyncrasies, though. Like, if I'm going grocery shopping, I can't start in the frozen food aisle (far left side of the grocery store), I have to start in the dairy aisle (far right side of the grocery store), or I get all bajaggity.

Starbucks or Caribou?
Since I have no idea what Caribou is, and I originally thought it was from the deer/elk/moose family, I'd have to go with Starbucks. I'm not a big coffee fan, it gets me all breathless and hyped up, but I do love the strawberry frappuccino and the mango and banana smoothie.
What's for dinner?
Today we ate steak and mushroom rice. It was really delicious. I'm super lucky J is not a picky eater. Most of our meals include these ingredients: olive oil, mushrooms, zucchini, and onions, and we alternate steak, chicken, or pasta.

What would you eat for your last meal?
Pepperoni pizza from Anthony's Coal Fired Pizza and lobster with butter.

What was the last thing you bought?
Groceries.

What are you listening to right now?
The Bachelorette. I never watch this show, but there is nothing else on. At least until 9 when it's on to the Jon & Kate train wreck. Can't. Look. Away.

What is your favorite ice cream flavor?
I love Haagen Dazs Caramel Cone ice cream (I can eat a whole pint in one sitting) and Cold Stone's Birthday Cake Remix.
If you could go anywhere in the world for the next hour, where would you go?
Probably one of these water huts in Fiji.
Which language do you want to learn?
Definitely Italian. I even bought a book, The Complete Idiot's Guide to Learning Italian, but I really think learning a language from a book is almost impossible.

What is your favorite quote (for now)?
I'm really feeling the quote from Rocky.
What is your favorite color?
It depends on what we're talking about. I love pink and green and orange, especially for my house. Whenever someoene asks me what color they should paint a room, I always say a shade of green. But if it's for something I'm going to wear, I like blues and yellows and chartreuse.

What is your favorite piece of clothing in your wardrobe?
I wouldn't say I have one favorite piece of clothing. The majority of my clothes are inexpensive and therefore somewhat disposable. However, I do love all my dresses. They fit me well, and I always feel pretty in them.

Do you admire anyone's style?
Like Lesli, I heart Rachel Bilson and Lauren Conrad's style.
Describe your personal style.
For me, it's all about flirty dresses, dangly earrings, and an arm full of bangles.

What are you going to do after this?
Watch Chelsea Lately.
What are your favorite movies?
The Princess Bride, The Wedding Singer, French Kiss, My Best Friend's Wedding, The Hangover, Juno.

What is your favorite fruit?
Mangos. I also love mango juice in the morning with breakfast and mango martinis -delicious.
What inspires you?
I'm really inspired by certain quotes. Sometimes I read something or hear something from a movie, and I just think, "Wow, I totally get that."
What is your dream job?
I'd love to be a writer, and I'd like to grow my own home/fashion business.
What's your worst trait?
I'm too sensitive. I really let things get to me, and I have a tendency to wallow. Boo.
What would you do with $100?
I really want these bracelets from Forever 21. They're nowhere near $100, but it's a start. And a manicure and pedicure. And a massage. Gosh, $100 smackaroonies goes fast, huh?
What is your favorite book?
I love anything by Sophie Kinsella and Jen Lancaster. The Tale of Despereaux is a favorite, it makes me cry every time. Those are books that I could read over and over.
Do you collect something?
Nope, nada.

What is your favorite smell?
Vanilla, coconut, the beach.
What are you most proud of?
My marriage. I think that we're a good fit and that we strike a really good balance.
How many times do you press the snooze button before you get up?
As many times as it lets me before it shuts off by itself. I think that's about half an hour. I wish I were one of those people who wake up right away.
Cats or dogs?
Dogs. I've got three, and I love them. I find cats a little yucky.
Complete the following: Love is.....
hard work. Don't let anyone ever tell you differently.
What do you like best about yourself?
I'm a really loving, loyal person. And I've got a killer sense of fashion.

What do you like least about yourself?
My obsession with my weight, my super competitiveness, and my tendency to stress and worry about the teeniest things. I could go on and on, but I'm trying to work on my negativity. :)

1 comments:

FB @ FabulouslyBroke.com said...

Language from books IS almost impossible, but easier if you are around the language a lot.

I'm starting to (er.. soon) learn French from a book but I have BF and the whole of Quebec to help with signs etc.. although French-Canadian French is kind of a weird aberration of the true French language.

Haagen-Daaz's Vanilla or Pistachio are my ABSOLUTE FAVOURITES. Caramel is too sweet for me.

Or Dulce the Leche .. which is also sweet but I like cake.