Wednesday, June 10, 2009

Off The Wagon

Confession Time: I am totally off the no-shopping wagon. With a vengeance, cookies. Like a Die Hard vengeance. But rather than wallow in my relapse, I'm going to let y'all benefit. Now, isn't that super sweet of me?


K. So today I went to the mall under the pretense of buying my niece a present for her birthday, which is on Monday (can I get a what-what? no? okay then). I started at Forever 21, duh. It's like my equivalent of a crack den. A little disappointed in the selection, but I bought myself a little dress (that I needed like a hole in the head), a yellow sweater (because I loved the color), and some dangly earrings.

Voila. These I seriously heart.






I immediately had buyer's remorse (for the clothes). But too late. Once that credit card goes through, it's all about the store credit.

Then, I went to Love Culture. Which I don't really dig. It's like a tackier Forever 21, but I found this dress in yellow, and in the perfect length, and for $12.80! Shut your mouth and say it isn't so!
THEN, I went to Charlotte Russe, which I never ever go to, but I had seen something from Charlotte Russe in either Lucky or People StyleWatch, and I thought I'd give it a whirl. It was a bust, but you win some, you lose some.
So you'd think I'd be done, right? Oh, cookies, do you not know me at all?
Next stop: Kmart. To be honest, I was only going to Kmart to buy a float for the pool and a book, but while I was there, I got distracted by the clothes. Yes, cookies. THE CLOTHES. Kmart actually had some pretty cute stuff. The prices were a little, eh. I mean, for some reason, I expected Kmart to be super cheap. Like $3 cheap. But. But it's not that cheap. Anyhoodle, I tried on a bunch of stuff, but I only walked with a super cute pair of yellow and white short shorts. On sale. $12.49!
Deep sigh. That was it. I hope you've learned something. At the very least I hope you come away with the knowledge that Kmart doesn't suck. At least not completely.
K. Time to get back on the wagon.
P.S. If you have not entered my surprise giveaway -what the heck are you waiting for? It's free for goodness sakes. Get it together, and just do it!




1 comments:

Anonymous said...

haha.. Oh well! We all have those guilty moments. BTW... tag, you're it!