Saturday, June 13, 2009

Mission Impossible

This weekend, J and I had planned to go to my parents' pool. Boohoo for us, when we got to my parents' house (my parents, along with my sister and her boyfriend were spending the weekend at the house in Marco Island), my aunt, uncle, and cousins' cars were parked in the driveway. Apparently, their house was being tented for termites, and my mom had very graciously let them stay at the house.

So. That meant that J and I had to abort our plan, which was this: inflate our pool at my parents' house, and put the inflatable pool in the pool. We had been looking forward to it. All. Week.

Instead, we had to turn around and GO HOME. My mom was all like, "What was your plan? You could've still gotten in the pool." And when I replied, "No. We didn't want people around." My mom said, "Ohhhh."

Ugh.

"Mom! We weren't going to have sex in the pool (not with people around, anyway)!"

Then I filled her in our plan.

To which she responded, "Oh, that would've never worked. Trust me. Can you inflate the bottom of your pool? No? Well then, let me tell you, you guys would've drowned. How do I know? We tried to do that one time at the beach and the pool closed in around us like a tortilla and we almost drowned. Sorry to disappoint you, but just think of it this way -you didn't miss anything."

Hmmph.

On a brighter note, J, always the problem solver, inflated the pool in the backyard AND THEN FILLED IT WITH BUBBLES. That's right, BUBBLES. Oh. My. Word. So fun!
I won't tell you what else went down. Let's just say we had a great time. :)

4 comments:

AmandaDufau said...

Oohh, how fun! I'd try to do that, but my kids would probably jump in, and that would totally kill that mood right there! LOL

Chrissy, Jess, & Baby Lena said...

Tramp! I love it!

Andie said...

this is too funny. we have a regular pool, though, so if we tried to put bubbles in it, we would have to drain and totally refill it!

looks like fun!

FB @ FabulouslyBroke.com said...

OH that sounds like fun :)

Hah.. I love the convo between you and your mom.. so hilarious