Thursday, June 25, 2009

I've Decided Against Sticking My Head in the Oven

1. I am feeling so much better than I was on Monday. I received muchos love from y'all, my cookies in the blogosphere, my new (old) friends, and a beautiful letter from my BFC (best favorite cousin -I know, my cousin is an attorney and I'm a teacher and we speak like four year olds) titled, "Love for my BFC".

I made a doctor's appointment for the week that we return from the Dominican Republic (yay!) for my annual check-up and to beg, I mean threaten, um ask? for anti-anxiety pills. Because I think I have a problem, and the responsible thing is to take care of it. J is worried, of course. He thinks that I should be able to manage my anxiety, to which I responded,

"For the love of all that's good and holy -do you not know me at all?"

Hopefully I'll get the kind that make me skinny. Just kidding. Kinda. :)

2. I eat alot. That's no secret. On Monday, in a fit of self-loathing, I ate six donuts in the five minute drive from the grocery store to my house. I've gained 10 pounds in the last year and a half. I will concede that five of those pounds were necessary, because I did look like a bobblehead, but the other five are completely excess baggage. I'm trying to reconcile the fact that I will NEVER fit into some of my old pants and that that may not be a bad thing.

Anyhoodle, I have to be on the pill for six weeks, and I'm telling you cookies, I was a piglet before, but these pills are making me a full-blown hog. I used to take them in the morning (one day I ate breakfast @ 8, snack @10:30, snack @ 11, snack @12, and then lunch (finally!) at 1), and I swear all I thought about was food. So now, I'm taking my pills at night. I started that yesterday, and I can already feel a difference.

3. Last night I saw The Proposal with my girlfriends. I had a great time with the girls(I'm hearting you guys!), and the movie was hilarious! Super cute, super charming, super worth it.

4. We're leaving for the Domincan Republic on Sunday. It's going to be our first real vacation in six years. We're both looking forward to days of lounging in the sun, cocktail in hand, loving each other.

5. I'm not going to see a psychic. I've realized that I have to stop being so controlling. The more I try to control my life, the more it spirals out of control. Okay, God, I get it. Stop hitting me over the head with this lesson.

6. You'll notice there are some Google Ads on the site. OMG. So funny. How is it that there are ads for Men's Lingerie and Men's Heels? Say what? Click on them and let me know if it's full out crazy.

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

You are so freakin' funny I can't statnd it! haha. Hope you and your hunny bunny have a great trip!