Friday, June 12, 2009

Rocky is a Prophet....

and a lot of other random stuff I think you should know.

The other night, J was watching Rocky VI, and because I love J and wanted to spend time with him, I was watching it, too. It was actually a pretty good movie. I mean, nothing I'd pay to see in the movies, but I'd definitely watch it again on TV. Anyhoodle, there's this scene where Rocky is talking to his son (the super delicious Milo Veng-whatever, my secret boyfriend) and he says this:

Let me tell you something you already know. The world ain't all sunshine
and rainbows. It's a very mean and nasty place and I don't care how tough
you are it will beat you to your knees and keep you there permanently if you
let it. You, me, or nobody is gonna hit as hard as life. But it ain't about
how hard ya hit. It's about how hard you can get hit and
keep moving forward.
How much you can take and keep moving forward.
That's how winning is done!
This is my new mantra. I love it. Love. It.

Shopping Ban. You are hereby reinstated. I am back on the wagon. Oh, lordy I went on a bender, and I cannot stand myself. I'm hoping to make it to July 19th. The day before the day before my surgery. I am counting on God and y'all to keep me accountable. And maybe on vacation. J and I are going to the Dominican Republic, but I doubt I'll buy anything there. We'll see. K. So no buying stuff in the United States before July 19th.

Look at these shoes. Oh. My. Word. I. Want. Them.

These are the only things I will give myself permission to buy during the aforementioned shopping ban. Because they are BEAUTIFUL.

You know how last week I was feeling all panic-y and anxiety-ish and miserable? Well. I started exercising again, not to lose weight, mind you, just for the express purpose of knocking my ass out so that I could sleep. And, oh how it has worked! I have been sleeping like a log! A log I tell you. Now I don't want to lie to you, I am hoping to lose some poundage, but I'm not weighing myself obsessively and I still exercise even if when I do weigh myself my weight is higher that I'd like. Because sleep? Ooooooh, it's sooooooo good.

Because of the surgery that I have to have, I have to be on the pill. I haven't been on the pill in like, six years? Maybe seven? Anyhoodle, yesterday I went to the pharmacy to pick up my pills and FML, do you know how expensive birth control is? Forty effing dollars! Shut your mouth and say it isn't so! I about had a heart attack. And then today, when I took my first pill, I almost died when I read the side effects. Okay, so you won't have a baby, but you could gain weight (oh the irony!), get blood clots, get cancer, have dry eyeballs, blah, blah, blah. Oh, really? Great.

Snoopy, the other love of my life, is shedding chunks of hair. Like, I don't even need to brush him, because when I do brush him, he can't sit still and is looking at me and thinking:

Mommy, are we gonna play with that thing? Are you gonna throw it? Do I just have to grab it out of your hand? No? How about if I move to my left? To my right? How about if I just look at you? Are you almost done?

I can just grab the tufts of hair from his body. And. It. Never. Stops. Ever. Never.

I'm looking forward to oodles of fun this weekend! J and I are going to spend the day at the pool and then maybe go to the movies tomorrow. And Sunday, J is going away on business (boo! hiss! I'll miss him so much, but I'm a loner, and I can handle being by myself), and after I drop him off at the airport, I'm going to spend the day with some friends at the spa. That's right, cookies! One of my friends actually lives at the Canyon Ranch Hotel in Miami Beach. Mr. Moneybags has invited me and some other old school friends to be his guests and I. Can't. Wait.

Plus, tomorrow we find out who the winner of my surprise giveaway is! Can you handle it?

2 comments:

AmandaDufau said...

I don't know which I'm more excited about: The contest winner, or our spa day! LOL
I am sad that your boo will not be in town for a few days, but I'm so glad we will having "Girls" day on Sunday! I am beyond excited!
Mr. Moneybags is da bomb!! LOL

christina said...

i cant handle it! i want to know :) haha.

i hope you have a GREAT weekend. you totally deserve it! i am a little jealous of your spa day. i'll be thinking of you on monday because the game plan is to wake up and have birthday mimosa's. also, i bought 160 cups to make jello shots. i think jess and i want to relive last summer at the beach house when everyone went to the beach and we stayed behind in the little pool, ate leftover homemade pizza, and did jello shots all day.

:) love you. excuse my novel, i am chatty christina today.