Friday, December 26, 2008

What's Your Crack?

I went to the mall today to return some gifts, and as I was shopping, I started to wonder about people and their shopping habits. Their "crack", so to speak. Some people are all about black pants, and every time they go out, they come home with a new pair. For some it's white shirts. Open their closet and you'll see oodles of white shirts -short sleeve, long sleeve, button down, blah, blah, blah. Or jeans. Or makeup.

My sister, for example, is all about watches and handbags. They don't have to be expensive, necessarily, but she has a vast array of each, and she enjoys wearing different watches and switching her handbags to match her oufits. I, on the other hand, have a gold watch (thank you Mamacita) and a silver watch (which I keep meaning to have fixed), and I'm lucky if I remember to wear either one. And as for purses? I've got a bunch. Most are inexpensive, Forever 21 finds, and some, like my COACH logo or vintage GUCCI, cost a pretty penny. But I hate switching out my bags and rarely do so if I can help it.
Me? I love shoes. When my weight fluctuates, the only part of me that doesn't get fat is my feet. I have a rainbow of flats. I have a beautiful collection of brightly hued, bejeweled, and deliciously impractical shoes, some of which, I'm ashamed to admit, have never had the joy of being paraded around the neighborhood.
I will spend more on shoes than I will on any article of clothing or accessory. Now, that's not saying too much since we don't make enough money for me to be ridiculously extravagant, or honestly, practically extravagant. But I know people that think $30 smackaroonies is to much to spend on a pair of shoes -the horror! But even though my budget doesn't allow me the luxury of owning premium shoes like PRADA, I hope that one day these lovelies will magically find their way into my closet.
How sexy and practical are these PRADA pumps? They're on sale for $239. That's not too bad, right? They're PRADA for goodness sake! Too bad they don't have my size or it would be, "Happy Birthday to Me!"

These are all from JCREW. They're not SUPER expensive, they're all on sale from $100 - $150, but because they are so outrageously unique, and therefore, a little difficult to integrate into daily wear -even though I am seriously loving the irridescent heels, they're not purchases that I could justify with a cost/wear analysis.

So, what's your crack?

Oh, um, I also have a thing for really feminine, flirty dresses. Forever 21 and Victoria's Secret online are my favorite for these. K, I'm done now.

1 comments:

christina said...

totally love all the shoes - i always try to justify shoe purchases. last month, i was in nordstrom & neiman marcus just standing in front of jimmy choos and christian louboutin's and manolo's -- i'm pretty sure i almost drooled. i saw a pair of chanel platforms that had ballet lace up the ankle straps and i had to walk away. shoes. :(

my addiction would definitely have to be make up. or flip flops. during the summer, everytime i went shopping, i bought a pair. and they are almost identical.