Thursday, December 25, 2008

Merry "List"mas!


  1. I weigh myself every morning.
  2. When I was in elementary school, I turned around quickly after sharpening my pencil and jammed said pencil into my then BFF's eyebrow.
  3. I used to roll up my pants to my knees in elementary school. So fashionable (rolls eyes).
  4. I was cool all the way up to sixth grade. It was all downhill from there.
  5. Spinning is my most favorite-est exercise ever.
  6. I got my period when I was 11. At my BFF's pool party. So Tampax commercial, no?
  7. I am super competitive. I HATE losing. I've had to take myself out of a few games because of this unfortunate character trait.
  8. I always want to be the BEST. BEST daughter. BEST sister. BEST teacher. It's obnoxious really. (See above)
  9. I'm worried that I will never have babies. I wish it were easy, like, you will never have babies if you don't get your period. And then you'd kind of be prepared for it since you were a teenager. Plus, added bonus? No period. But it obviously doesn't work like this. What a shame.
  10. I love my husband more than anything. It scares me sometimes.
  11. I worry about going to hell.
  12. I wish my boobs were bigger, but I'm too scared to get implants.
  13. I sometimes buy clothes and shoes for a life I don't live. I have a bunch of beautiful shoes in my closet that have never seen the light of day.
  14. Sometimes I have so many imaginary conversations with people in my head that when I actually speak to these people, I think I've told them things I haven't.
  15. Thanksgiving is my favorite holiday.
  16. Peonies and hydrangeas are my favorite flowers.
  17. I'm happy to learn I wasn't as big of a bitch in high school as I initially thought. Elementary school was a different story, apparently.
  18. I hate the word flesh. Creeps me out (shivers).
  19. I have recently developed an addiction to bathing suits.
  20. I love to eat pizza. And Nachos. And anything covered with melted cheese.
  21. I've never broken a bone.
  22. I have a super healthy immune system. Even though I teach small, germ-y children, I rarely get sick.
  23. My class is so awful this year that sometimes I come home and I'm ashamed by this thought, "I can't believe I hate a seven year old."


  24. I could watch The Princess Bride on repeat. FOREVER.
  25. I can never wait for surprises.
  26. I wish I had a pool.
  27. Last year I had a full-fledged panic attack on my birthday.
  28. I like giving people presents, but I would rather receive than give. Awful, right?
  29. I love people with my whole heart, but once they betray me, I never feel the same again.
  30. My ipod itouch is one of the best gifts I've ever received. I use it daily, and I feel like it's paid for itself.
  31. I used to get dressed up and plan my Oscar speech or what I would say on my appearance with David Letterman when I couldn't sleep.
  32. I have a girl crush on Britney Spears and Jennifer Anniston.
  33. I'm secretly pleased when the massage therapists tell me how tense I am. I kinda feel like it validates all the stress I've been feeling. Like it's not all in my head.
  34. I love going through people's purses. With their permission, of course.
  35. Sometimes I wish I could go back and do things differently. With the same end result of J, though.

  36. J is the only person who truly get me. Head to toe, good and bad.
  37. I'm going to see Britney Spears in March!
  38. My mom once asked me to trim the back of her hair and got upset when I effed it up. Did I mention I was only nine?
  39. I went to Paris when I was 22, and it was a big, delicious band-aid for my broken heart.
  40. I love watching my students and imagining the kind of people they will be when they grow up.
  41. My favorites stores are the Gap, Forever 21, Macy's, and Victoria's Secret online.
  42. I have never gone to Target and spent less than $100.
  43. I bit my nails until 4 years ago when I just stopped, cold turkey.
  44. I never wore my retainer so my bottom teeth are not as straight as they could be.
  45. Sometimes it feels as if everyone is pregnant but me.
  46. For some strange reason, my favorite word is forsake. I just like the sound of it.
  47. I'm a terrible liar.
  48. I love the scene in the car between Sarah Jessica Parker and Luke Wilson from the movie The Family Stone. Super sweet, tender, and romantic.
  49. The only place I like to eat hamburgers from is Fuddruckers.
  50. I cry during Publix commercials. Especially the Valentine's Day one where the boy and his mom make a cake for a "special girl", but the cake is really for the mom. (sob).
  51. I am horrifically unphotogenic.
  52. Even though I think my sister and I share similar features, some people don't believe we're sisters because of our different coloring.
  53. I love getting mail even when it's just a stack of bills.
  54. I love magazines and have had to curb a serious addiction. $15 smackaroonies/week on magazines -not counting the ones I already subscribed to was a problem.
  55. I feel saner when I connect with people. Sometimes I feel as if I spend too much time in my own head, and the result is no bueno.
  56. I love to read and I have some books that I love so much I will not lend them out unless I have the borrower's express promise to return them.
  57. I love my dog Snoopy like a person.
  58. Sometimes I resent being the "Fixer" in my family. But I guess as the oldest, it's textbook.
  59. I can't believe my baby brother (29) is getting married in 4 1/2 months!
  60. Even though I live in Miami, I love warm, sunny vacations.
  61. If I had to live in the cold, I'd be 300 lbs and live in my sweats.
  62. I don't like to wear lipstick. It feels so unnatural, and my lips are teeny. I only wear gloss.
  63. I'm starting to worry about wrinkles.
  64. But I pretty much worry about EVERYTHING so that's just something new to add to the list.
  65. I love the smell of vanilla candles. But who doesn't?
  66. Brown eyes are boring but I love mine.
  67. I have horrible vision. I'm like Helen Keller without my glasses or contacts.
  68. I have an awful sense of direction. If I ever get lost, I'd have to find a new husband and start a new life.
  69. My grandfather is one of my favorite boys.
  70. I love my grandmother. You can visit her when you're feeling blue, and you'll leave feeling 10 feet tall.

  71. I love wrapping presents.
  72. Sometimes in a fury I trim my (long) bangs and then regret it immediately afterward.
  73. I like to pick at my zits. Bleh, gross.
  74. I'm terribly impatient. I hate waiting. Am I almost done with this list?
  75. Last night, both the cars of my cousin C and cousin M were smashed, and it made me scared to sleep alone. J spends one night a week out of town.
  76. I come from a family that is straight-up, bat shit crazy. But it's kinda funny, and we're reconciled to our lunacy.
  77. Sometimes I wish I had the guts to adopt an older child. I feel like they definitely get the shaft because everyone wants babies.
  78. My celebrity boyfriends are James Marsden, Milo Ventimiglia, and Ryan Gosling. Call me!
  79. I have a birthmark behind my right thigh.
  80. I've gone topless on South Beach and the South of France.
  81. I hate beer.

  82. J and I sleep in different rooms because of his snoring.
  83. I miss him and wish we could sleep in the same bed.
  84. I love jewelry.
  85. Especially diamonds.
  86. I hate flossing.

  87. Good hair days are few and far between. But when they happen, it's like magic.
  88. Smiling is my favorite.
  89. I'll be 33 in 15 days.
  90. Sometimes I wonder what my life will be like next year. In 5 years. In 10 years.
  91. I wanted to be "Buffy" on Buffy the Vampire Slayer. Angel was tragically delicious.
  92. I love to watch movies, but it's difficult for me to focus my attention for that long.

  93. One of my favorite movies, and one of the best allegories about Christ's love and sacrifice, is The Lion, the Witch, and the Wardrobe.

  94. When I was younger, I used to pray for clear skin -esp. for my birthday. I've always been plagued with oily skin, large pores, and pimples.

  95. I hate wearing thongs. I find them uncomfortable, and I only wear them when visible panty lines are not an option.

  96. I usually walk around my house in only bottoms. No top.

  97. I shop when I'm sad-face.

  98. One of my favorite colors for decorating is green. There's something green in every single room in my chez.

  99. I wish I could do a split.

  100. I'm excited about the possibility of a new year -Hello, 2009!

Merry Christmas, Loveys! May the love, joy, and peace of Christ be yours on this Christmas day. :)

2 comments:

FB @ FabulouslyBroke.com said...

What a list!!!

I'd compete with you and do 250 things but .. my fingers might fall off and I wouldn't want you to outdo me :)

Fabulously Broke in the City
Just a girl trying to find a balance between being a Shopaholic and a Saver...

AmandaDufau said...

Merry Christmas, my friend!