Friday, December 12, 2008

To Gift or Not to Gift?

That is the question. So here's the deal-io. Even on my limited budget, I have bought all my peeps presents. I like all the presents I bought, and if it weren't for fit, my upper body (read: boobs) is much smaller than well, um, anyone I know (Hello, 34A, for reals, 34 effin' A), I would keep all the presents. ALL OF THEM.

Especially these two items:
(1) I bought a rhinestone-y bracelet watch (no pic available because it's just so SHINY!) for my aunt M. Last year we bought her a pin, and I didn't want to start a trend and get her a pin every year. BORING! I have peeps who buy me the same presents EVERY year. And I'm grateful. I really am. But we need to view gift giving like planting crops a la Confessions of a Shopaholic, and buy something different each year. Good for the earth, and good for Smart Cookie. Anyway, this watch is really not my style, but I really love it. I keep thinking how beautiful and practical it would be to wear to a semi or totally formal event. Do you ever have that happen? You have a really cool day watch, but nothing snazzy enough to wear to fancy party? That's the reason I usually skip wearing a watch to parties in the first place. But this watch is speaking to me. And you know how much I love it when my clothes or accessories speak to me. I plan on going to Macy's tomorrow anyway because I have to buy J some stuff (I bought him something during my 3 hour bout of insomnia last night that I hope he loves) and something for my work secret santa, so I don't know. P.S. The watch was only $15.
(2) I bought this for one of my peeps. At first, I thought she'd really love it. But now, I'm not so sure. I bought her some other stuff, too, so if I decide to keep it, it's not like I have to spend more money, but I don't want to keep it for the wrong reasons. So I think I'll hold off on wrapping it for a while and see if asks me to stay in the Ferrara home.What to do? What to do? Any ideas? Has this ever happened to you? Oh, and as an aside, now I am beginning to question two of my gift choices. I'm wondering if I should switch them, but that would involve unwrapping and rewrapping, blah, blah, blah.

0 comments: