Sunday, December 14, 2008

Happy Thoughts

1. Yesterday, I had a huge pain in my neck, the literal kind -not the figurative kind which can usually be attributed to my job, my money woes, or J (Just kidding lovey, I know how lucky I am to have you. I know it because you remind me all the time). I really think it was from a combination of things. No restful sleep all week, subconcious anxieties, and wearing four inch heels on Thursday. Plus, to be honest, I'm ALWAYS tense. I don't really feel it, but that's the word on the street. And even though I got a massage on Friday night, (see below for funny convo), when I woke up yesterday, I could not look to my left. But looking in that direction is overrated, right? Anyway, after some delicious aspercreme and advil, voila! All better!

An excerpt from the play, My Cups Do Not Runneth Over (Le Sigh)

Massage Lady: So is there anything you want to tell me before we start?

Me: Um, I carry a lot of tension in my back -that's what all the therapists have told me, so I'm really sensitive there and can't handle too much pressure. And I wore heels all day yesterday, and I'm used to wearing flats so I feel like my body in general is all tight and achy.
Massage Lady: Okay, well let's see if we can work on that.
(She starts working on my back) Oh my, you're inflamed back here. The tension is unbelievable.
Me: Yeah, I know. It's pretty bad.
Massage Lady: Let me ask you something, what size bra do you wear?
Me: Um, any reason in particular you're asking?
Massage Lady: Well, sometimes large breasts can cause this much tension.
Me: Hmmm. Well, I'm an A cup.
Massage Lady: (All flustered and uncomfortable) Well, then it must be something else.

2. I am back on Proactiv! Yay! Say what you will, it really works for me. My favorite thing, and honestly, the most effective product in my opinion, is the reparing lotion. Oh, I'm hoarding it. Everytime I put it on, I'm carefully measuring it out so as not to waste any. Clear skin, here I come.

3. I am done with my Christmas shopping. All of it! (Hmmm, I keep thinking there's one more thing I would like to buy J. Poor guy never gets much actual stuff during the year, he usually gets presents like Dolphin tix or cash). Presents will be shipped tomorrow to my NY peeps. By the way, the watch didn't ask me to stay so it will also be making the trip to New York.

4. Only one more week of school! And then FREEDOM! Sweet freedom!

5. I haven't worked out since Tuesday! Again, I haven't been sleeping well, and therefore not feeling well enough to go to the gym. But today? I went for a run, and it felt delicious. I was a running machine! I was even able to run for five extra minutes!

6. Cleaning all day today. Now cleaning in general is not fun. I am not one of those clean freaks. And J doesn't help matters much. He likes to eat in bed. Ugh. Believe me, if you're going to come over, please call ahead so I can straighten up and sweep and mop the floors. But this cleaning is for my work Christmas party, which I'm hosting. I'm excited for my coworkers to see my chez and spending some quality bonding time with them.

7. Seeing my peeps this afternoon. Y'all are a bunch of crazy bitches, you hear?

"You see everyone here living their lives? You don't see anyone asking them any questions! " LMFAO

1 comments:

Tuesday Taylor said...

You girls are some HOTT bitches!
It's 21 degrees with freezing rain in Dallas today, so imagine how lucky you are to be able to go outside and jog. BTW, have you tried yoga?