Sunday, December 28, 2008

I'm a Mess....

*I have not washed my hair since last Wednesday. I've just kept putting it off, and since I haven't had anywhere fancy to go, no real reason to get dolled up, I remain hideous. And to make matters worse, I exercised on Friday and Saturday, so my head is especially gross. This usually happens when I'm on vacation from school. Or depressed. Take your pick.

And, I have a brand spanking new blowdryer to use! J bought me one for Christmas, and it's top of the line. He's so cute. He told me how he talked to the sales assistant at the beauty shop, and how she helped him make his decision. Not the most expensive one (though when he told me what it cost I almost choked), but the best one*.

But back to dirty hair. Today I went to the mall to check out the new JCREW store, and I was embarrassed my dirty-girlness. Everything about me was wrong. I tried to look cute, but having bad hair is a serious handicap. And really, you should never go to the mall looking ugly. Or maybe you should if what you want to do is save money. Hmmm. On a side note though, the JCREW store was really lovely, and they had a great sale. Too bad it's never cold here because alot of their sweaters were beautiful and they had a delicious hot pink coat on sale. I bought a very Grace Kelly camel colored dress and a pukey green (it's really a lovely color) cardigan with jeweled buttons. Under 70 bucks. Totally worth it. I just wish they carried the line of shoes in this store. But back to the hair, ugh, I am DISGUSTING. As soon as I finish writing this, I'm going to wash it.

*I read Twilight last night, and I LOVED it. Love, love, loved it. To quote my friend A, I would love to have a vegetarian vampire. Today I went to BN and bought New Moon. It took me a while to find a copy because I was ashamed to ask for help. I'm a big reader. I can read a book in a couple of hours, and if it's a lazy day, I can read two. But I really didn't want anyone to think of me as one of those people that only reads a book because it's popular. I'm just snotty that way, I guess. Anyway, I found it, purchased it, and as I was reading it this afternoon, guess what? My copy skips from page 408 to 441! WTF? I had to go online to kinda figure out what happened in those 33 missing pages. Tomorrow I'm going to go back to BN and complain. Also, I'm going to exchange New Moon for Eclipse. I guess it was fortuitous.

*Is it possible to have gained SEVEN pounds in FIVE days? On Tuesday I weighed 128.5 pounds and yesterday (because I was too terrified to weigh myself today because I have NOT STOPPED EATING IN FIVE DAYS!) I weighed 135.5. Seriously? I have singlehandedly ruined SEVEN weeks of careful diet and exercise in a record five days. :( And my jeans were so tight today. My legs felt like sausages. I could not wait to come home and put my pj's on (another Christmas gift from J. So cute -I love the way he remembered my body temperature gets too hot for long pj's and bought me a cute Mickey set that say True Love).

*I love reading blogs -especially the fashion ones, but I think it's clouding my judgement, making me suffer from a little too much Iwant-itis. I already suffer from this in general. Two of my peeps received Michele watches for Christmas and all of a sudden I was like, I want a Michele watch. But I don't. Not really. They're really pretty, but I've never wanted one. But that's what Iwant-itis does. All of a sudden, you're living your life, and then it's like BAM! I WANT THAT! How else to explain that I am now on the hunt for designer shoes or bags (my niece got me thinking about this little number)? I want, I want, I want. But I don't really need. And one day, I will most certainly splurge on some of these super luxurious things. But right now? Best to keep it together. So, deep breath. Keep calm and carry on.

I hope you're keeping it together a little better than moi.

*UPDATE: I just used my new blowdryer. I was worried at first because my old dryer is a PLIMATIC 2000 SUPERTURBO, and the new one is an FHI Handweight PRO 1800, but it worked really well. The new one is super LIGHT, it hardly weighs a thing, and it dried my hair really quickly. I like the results, but I can't say whether it's because hair always dries much more nicely the longer you go without washing it or whether it's because the blow dryer is so great. I'm still having a very difficult time justifying the price, but good hair is very important, so I think I'll just see it as an investment.

2 comments:

AmandaDufau said...

I should have known you had a love for Twilight...should have invited you to the movie this afternoon.
I have to read Breaking Dawn, shall we plan a girly date at B&N later this week (give you some time to finish Eclipse) and read it over coffee? I can't afford the hardcover right now, and it's not available in paperback yet...
I feel the same about my hair.
I've been severely slacking in the washing department, sometimes I'll go a week without doing so (I know, gross. SHHH, don't tell anyone). It's at the point now that even when I wash it, I feel blah.
Re: weight. Maybe you're retaining water? Is Aunt Flo on her way, perhaps?
xoxoxoxoxo

FB @ FabulouslyBroke.com said...

I tried to do that. I tried to NOT wash my hair or see how long I could go, but I washed my hair last Thursday and I caved last night (Sunday) for being super lazy..

Fabulously Broke in the City
Just a girl trying to find a balance between being a Shopaholic and a Saver...