Wednesday, December 31, 2008

Say Bonjour....

to my new boyfriend! Can I say it? In one word, DELICIOUSNESS!
So last night I saw Twilight. Finally. I felt like a 13 year old girl. I read the first three books in the series over the weekend, and I fell hard. Thoroughly and completely with all the characters. Esp. my new boyfriend. What can I say? I'm a sucker for this bloodsucker.
I know some people found the movie disappointing, and honestly, some scenes played out like a bad movie on the sci-fi channel, but I think the overall effect was pretty good. I wasn't too sure about some of the casting. Rosalie? Um, someone needs to tell the wardrobe guy that that bitch cannot be wearing skinny jeans. And Jasper. Is he supposed to look terrified in every scene? Jeez, I know he's worried about falling off the wagon, but he needed to take a deep breath and freak the frig down. Even my own new love played some of those really deep, heavy scenes a little too.... cheesy. But I loved Kristen Stewart. I thnk she's gotten a bad rap. I loved her nervousness and bajigittyness.
Whatever. I'm sure they'll iron out the kinks for the sequel, which for shizzle I will be watching. And hells to the no, I won't be waiting so long. I'll be watching the premiere, baby.
My favorite scene, besides the kissing scenes of course (how sweet and tender, and passionate-y were those!), was the scene where Edward and Bella go to school together, their first public outing as a couple, and geez, I felt like a giggly teenager -that boy's smile lit my whole heart up. Oh, and that boy can dazzle me with his swarovksi crystal sunshine ANYTIME.
So he's on my list. J wasn't impressed with this new addition, but he can suck it.
My new boyfriend rocks.
I also downloaded the soundtrack from itunes last night and the majority of the songs are hauntingly beautiful. Just my speed.

2 comments:

AmandaDufau said...

I don't recall us having to fight over boys when we were in high school, but it's on now!!!! LOL

christina said...

r. patterson is SO cute. he is on my list too. he's also in harry potter movies as cedric diggory - he has the cutest accent. my mom and i went to see it last month and we liked it - there were some parts that were a little cheesy but the romance/passion between them? adorable. jacob was cute too. and i loved alice.

rosalie though....i pictured her totally different. they could have picked someone better i think.