Wednesday, November 26, 2008

Psychic Revelations

Yesterday, my lovely cousin C called and asked if I wanted to play today. A chance to hang out with that big ol' ball of sunshine? Duh. I jumped at the chance. She's feeling a bit untethered at the moment, a little like her shine has been dulled, so she proposed going to see a psychic. Now, I'm no virgin psychic -or is it psychic virgin? Never mind. Point is, I've seen a psychic before. I once paid a lady $50 smackaroonies, and I swear on all that's good and holy that she knew my life, spot on. Like, literally. Like, she named names, my friend. Named effing names! It was at a time in my life, when like C, I just wanted someone to look into her crystal ball and give me a feather of hope. Just a little something to get me over the bridge of uncertainty that my life had become.

But, that was then, and this is now, so I was a little wary. Being Christian and all, psychic-ness is a wee bit frowned upon. Why see a psychic when the big G-O-D can speak to you personally, one on one? And I believe that, wholeheartedly. I really do. But sometimes, just sometimes, I want God to tell me, physically, in person, straight up. And since that's impossible, there was a small part of me that was intrigued by the possibility of finding out a smidge about my future. Babies? Job opportunites? What? What? I wanted to know.

So despite my Bible-thumping reservations, I decided to go. And I was all kinds of excited about it. Like for reals. But, on the way to the psychic lady's house, I started to flip out. My guilt kicked in, and I began to worry. I started to think to myself, If God doesn't want me to go, maybe I'll get into a car accident or something. I know, I know. Full on crazy. God doesn't operate like that, dummy.

But, wouldn't you know? When I was almost there, C called to tell me that she was at the psychic's house, but the psychic WAS NOT! C knocked on the door and some lady answered, and said that the psychic lady would be out all day. No point in waiting. Do not collect $200, do not pass go. And honestly, I was a bit sad-face, but I was also a teeny bit relieved as well. You can interpret it however you like, but I think I got my answer. It might not have been the answer I was hoping for, but it was definitely an answer. I guess I'll just have to find out the old fashioned way.

0 comments: