Monday, November 24, 2008

Coming Clean

Being a shopaholic and a bit messy is a dangerous combination when it comes to:




my CLOSET! Gasp!

Since I have the whole week off work (thank you Jesus!) I decided to clean out my closet. It's pretty big, but it was such a mess that it was giving me anxiety just going in there. And forget about getting dressed. There were clothes EVERYWHERE, so it was really hard to figure out what I had, or what was clean, or what still fit, or what needed to be ironed. Sometimes, I would tear through the closet looking for my black cardigan or my white cami and make an even bigger mess. Oh. My.Word. Here are some things I learned from cleaning out my closet:

  1. No more shoes. Flats, sandals, dressy heels, pumps, wedges -I have a gazillion pairs -some I have never even worn!
  2. Ixnay on any more Victoria's Secret workout t's. I've got bunches, which I can finally see because there all in the same place, as opposed to scattered all over the closet.
  3. Buying stuff on sale is a waste unless I really love it. I put some stuff, WITH THE TAGS STILL ON IT, in the Goodwill bag.
  4. Dark jeans, light jeans, skinny jeans, straight leg jeans. NO MORE JEANS. I have them in fat and skinny sizes, so I'm good no matter what my weight may be.
  5. Might be a good idea to invest in some good bras.
  6. Found some super cute velvet blazers that I forgot I even had!
  7. Bathing suits, my new addiction. Must go to rehab.
Anyway, I rearranged all my drawers, organized all my shoes, hung up all my clothes neatly, and VOILA!

It took me three hours (I was cleaning out the bathroom and doing laundry in between), but I DID IT! Absolute perfection. I still have a buttload of ironing to do, and all those clothes are still on the floor, but I'll start on that tomorrow. Yay for me!

1 comments:

AmandaDufau said...

Looks awesome!
Want to come help me do mine?

(p.s. #5...hahaha.)