Wednesday, November 26, 2008

Happy Turkey Day!

Thanksgiving is, for shizzle, my most favorite-est holiday in the whole wide world. I love it because it's genuinely about being thankful. It's not fancy like Christmas, with bright, blinking lights, holly and mistletoe, and beaucoup presents under the deliciously smelling Christmas tree, or commercialized like Valentine's Day, filled with fancy dinners, red roses, and boxes of chocolates, or like New Year's, thick with it's promise of new beginnings and clean slates. Thanksgiving is true and real. It's like the best parts of all those holidays without all the expectations and disappointments. It's a day where I can look at my life, skip over all the worries and potential freakouts, and think, I am blessed. My cup runneth over.
HAPPY THANKSGIVING!

0 comments: