Thursday, March 19, 2009

Restless

I am restless. I've got a whole lot of nothing going on. Absolutely nothing.

Here's a list of my molehill mountains. My sound and fury signifying absolutely nothing. Have I mentioned nothing? Make a note of it. It's kinda like my whole theme.

My school goes from Pre-K to 12th grade. The high school principal has approached me a couple of times about teaching high school English. Which I would love. In theory. I used to be all Robin Williams "O captain, my captain."



Everyone I've mentioned it to has been all like, "Smart Cookie, you would be great at it. You love to read, and you're so smart. Plus, you've got a wicked sense of humor." Obviously, I'm humbly paraphrasing.

Anyhoodle, there'd be a slight pay increase -$2000. Not enough to have me popping bottles of Cristal or buying myself oversize Gucci bags, but a little more money never hurt anyone. But cookies? The work would be overwhelming. Six DIFFERENT classes. Six DIFFERENT preps. LONGER hours. High school attitude and apathy.

So, um, no. A la soup nazi, NEXT!

Then, everyone and their mother is telling me about their workout routines and posting crap on facebook about their great runs and awesome gym sessions. Shut the frig up! You're giving me anxiety. An-friggin-xiety. Because guess what? I am exercising, too. And unlike you, I am not so excited about it. Because this cookie cannot lose weight. CAN NOT. Got that? I have not real idea why. I'm eating the same (okay, maybe like a pig), and I've been exercising four times a week, balls to the wall. I ran a total of 10 miles last Friday and Saturday. But the scale? Will. Not. Budge. Ugh. The humanity.

It's been three weeks, and I'm finally feeling it. I MISS SHOPPING! Okay, I said it. Jeez. Today I saw someone pulling shopping bags out of their trunk, and I was sad. Color me blue. Because I want to buy myself something other than lotion. But a deal's a deal. So I'm just going to put on my big girl panties and deal with it.

And finally, my cousin C, my aunt (her mother), and C's girlfriend are going to Spain in April. And I SO WANT TO GO! But J's walking a wedding, and I can't miss school. My mom mentioned it this afternoon. She'd love to go, too. Count my sister in, and it'd be an awesome all girls trip. But sadly, no. I asked my dad if we could go this summer, making sure it was clear he'd buy my ticket, but the tickets are way more expensive in the summer, and stupid me, I didn't count on J wanting to go, too. So that's a negative.

So you see? I've got nothing. Absolutely nothing.

0 comments: