Sunday, March 8, 2009

It's Britney, Bitch!


THIS WAS MY ABSOLUTE FAVORITE PERFORMANCE.
I DIDN'T BRING MY CAMERA. BOO. FOR SOME REASON I THOUGHT CAMERAS WERE NOT ALLOWED AT THE ARENA. WHAT A DUMB COOKIE! SO THIS IS A CLIP FROM BRITNEY'S PERFORMANCE IN NEW ORLEANS, LOUISIANA.


Last night was the Britney Spears concert, and oh. my. word. Surreal, and fricking fantastic! Really? No words to describe it.

Like I had previously mentioned, J and I had plans to see the matinee perfomance of Les Mis, which was hauntingly beautiful and thoroughly enjoyable. The musical started at 2 p.m. The first act was an hour and 45 minutes, followed by a fifteen minute intermission, and the last act was an hour long. By the time J and I got into the car, it was 5:15.

My friend S, let's call her Snow White (for obvious reasons, not the least of which is her ability to attract odd, neurotic dwarf-like men)and her sister, let's call her Punky (yes, as in Brewster) had wanted to meet for drinks before the concert. By the time I got home and changed (I HAD to. No way was I going to a concert in a black summer dress with my cheetah print flats!) it was already 6.

We met at the Alehouse, where we had drinks, and I consumed a plate of fries with cheese, bacon bits, and ranch dressing. Delicious. Anyhoodle. we left the Alehouse at about 7, figuring that if we missed the Pussycat Dolls opening, no big.

Ugh. But we did NOT count on the crazy, ridiculous traffic that left us parked on the expressway exit for 45 minutes. The kind of traffic that caused us to kid (I think we were kidding) about getting out of the car and walking barefoot (in honor of Britney) to the concert.

By the time we maneuvered out of the traffic and found a parking space ($35, WTF?), it was already almost 9:00! In the elevator on the way to the arena we could hear the beginning of Piece of Me.

OH NO! WE WERE MISSING IT!

So we start hustling. Hustling. Running through the arena. We asked like five people where we had to go, and each time we went where we supposedly had to go, it was like, um, no. You are not supposed to be here. We missed her Circus intro, Piece of Me, and most of Radar. Can we say sad-face?

But after we got settled? A-ma-zing! You know, Britney gets a lot of shit for lip-synching. But personally? I DON'T CARE! I didn't go to the concert to see her singing (She did sing Everytime live, though. She sang it on an umbrella that floated over the stage). I went to the concert to see her perform. And, cookies? She did not disappoint.

Britney looked beautiful and fit. The dancing was unbelievable, the sets were amazing, the costumes were sexy and out of control. And she did some crazy stuff. Have you heard of the two guys who make a swing out of their bodies and come down from the top of the stage? Yeah, and then Britney sits on the swing as it's being pulled up into the air? Crazy. Totally.

I was so sad when it was over! I felt like it ended too soon. It was like, really? That's it? We're done?

But I had the best time! Snow White and Punky were a trip! And I couldn't have had more fun.

Britney's back, my cookies. The bitch is back!

0 comments: