Sunday, March 29, 2009

Like a Crack Whore...

in a crack den. That's what I'm worried it's going to be like when Lent is over (which by the way is in two weeks -yay!).

So today I went to the mall under the pretense of shopping for my soon to be sister-in-law. Her bridal shower is this Saturday, and I was hoping to find a sweet little lingerie honeymoon-ish set (a little gross when I think of her wearing it for my brother, but whatever). But of course, I also walked around and tried on a bunch of stuff. J is walking a wedding in two weeks, and I'm worried about what to wear to the rehearsal dinner and wedding.

Last weekend when I went to the mall with my cousin C, I'd seen this really pretty, sweet-heart neckline black lace short dress with a hot pink ribbon under the bust. I remember telling her that if it wasn't Lent and against the law, I would totally buy that dress. She just looked at me and matter-of-factly asked where would I wear that dress. And I didn't have an answer then, BUT I DO NOW! I would wear it to the wedding in two weeks! And because I didn't buy it THEN, they didn't have it in my size NOW! Can you believe the dress fit over my hips but would not close because of my back/bust? Yowza!

Now I know you're what you're thinking. It doesn't matter if they would've had it in my size because I couldn't have bought it anyway. Au contraire. J could've bought it for me. Maybe. He's kinda been a stickler for this Lent business. But its a moot point, no?

Anyhoodle, back to the crack den. I couldn't buy anything which almost gave me a panic attack. The whole drive home I kept thinking,


What the hell am I going to wear?
Luckily, when I got home, I pulled myself together and found outfits for both the rehearsal dinner and the wedding (um the dress is pretty close to zipping up, it's just that last 1/2 inch -but it's a size 0, go ahead, feel free to hate me a little, even though it obviously runs big).

And I am planning to make one concession. I need two necklaces and a pair of earrings to wear with my dresses. If I don't find anything I can use in my mom or sister's jewelry box, I'm giving myself permission to buy myself some accessories.


I am so going to buy myself some shoes when this is over.

These are from Dillards, and I'm totally feeling their retro vibe. Perfect for summer frocks.

I'm also feeling these wedges from Payless. They look much cuter on, and they'd add some spank to any outfit. Love 'em.



And the Gap? Will not stand a chance.


Pray for me, cookies.

0 comments: