Wednesday, March 4, 2009

2 + 2 = 5?

Um, no. It obviously does not.

Since J was sleeping last night when I posted my Britney Spears/concert/T-shirt/Lent post, I told him about my dilemma this morning. I was totally prepared for him to tell me to buy a t-shirt. I mean, this is a boy who never questions my shopping. BUT HE DIDN'T. He actually had the nerve to tell me that I couldn't do it because I had given it up for Lent. Hmmphf. This is the same boy who gave up ice cream for Lent last Wednesday, then changed his mind on Sunday because he had a craving for a chipburger (ice cream cookie sandwich). Mmmmmkay?

But he was right. That is why, after much careful, heartbreaking deliberation, I have come to the conclusion that Lent is a legally binding verbal contract between myself and God, and as such, cannot be broken. Bummer. But after the ban, I'm totally ordering a concert tee online.

0 comments: