Sunday, February 15, 2009

Well, duh! I obviously have a problem!

After watching Confessions of a Shopaholic with J (a sweet Valentine's day gift from my beloved, especially considering his aversion to movie theaters, and specifically chick flicks), I've realized that I have a major problem and should perhaps be attending some sort of 12 Step Program. "Hi, my name is Smart Cookie, and I'm a shopaholic. Please help me refrain from purchasing the following:

This Juicy Couture bracelet is so many delicious adjectives, I'm having a hard time limiting my choices. Fresh, vibrant, charming. *Deep sigh. How lovely this would look wrapped around my delicate wrist! But it's -are you ready for it? $98. That might not be so many smackaroonies, but for a piece of costume jewelry? Hmmmm. Not so sure. Maybe if I love my J.Crew dress. This ring is also from the Juicy Couture jewelry line. Goodness, their designers should get a huge raise for designing all these beautiful pieces. Oops. On second thought, in this economy, maybe just getting to keep their jobs would be the bonus. I don't usually wear any rings besides my engagement ring, wedding band, and anniversay ring. So at $98, the cost/wear would not justify the purchase of this ring. But I lurve the coral and the little butterfly! So precious!

I would never buy these Steve Madden shoes. At least not for the retail price of $109.95. Yowza! And, since they're ridiculously impractical for the life I live, I will have to hope that they go onsale or that they will be overstocked and then purchased by my most favorite-est discount retailer, Marshall's. That's happened at least twice with former Steve Madden shoe purchases. And I always want to kill myself. Figuratively.



Help! Save me from myself!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I know this isn't helpful, but that bracelet is gorgeous! Maybe I need to join the program with you

AmandaDufau said...

My heart is shattered...weren't we supposed to go see that movie together?! :'(
The bracelet and the ring are adorable, but clearly out of my budget.