Thursday, February 19, 2009

Because Shoppping is Like Planting Crops...

A la Confessions of a Shopaholic (the novel, not the movie), shopping is like planting crops. You need to operate on a crop cycle, so to speak. You can't always buy shoes. Or bags. Or makeup. You need to rotate. Diversify.

Right now, I am on a MAJOR jewelry kick.

Perhaps it's because my baby brother is getting married in May, and I am wearing this beautiful J.Crew dress and every waking moment is dedicated to finding accessories to completing my look. There's nothing that this Smart Cookie loves more than getting dressed up. And getting dressed up and being seen by friends and family in a picture-taking capacity? Um, my favorite!


It fits really well, but I still have to have the bust taken in about an inch to accomodate my heaving bosoms (insert sarcasm here). It ain't easy carrying these A cups.

Anyhoodle, last week J and I went to Lincoln Road to celebrate Valentine's Day. And of course, because it was Valentine's, J let me go into EVERY single store I wanted and did not moan or groan. At least not out loud. That I know of.

I spent about half an hour in Anthropologie, oohing and ahhing over everything. Goodness, I could LIVE in that store. Picking up items (it's Valentine's Day, why not?) and putting them back (we're in a recession, dummy). But I had to leave with something. So I bought a lovely necklace. It was on sale, but it wasn't cheap. At least not Forever 21 cheap, which is my favorite kind of cheap.

Since then, I have been trolling the anthropologie website and lusting over these necklaces. They're absolutely beautiful and sophisticated, and they definitely make a statement. Bonus, they are not ridiculously expensive. I don't usually wear fashion jewelry -I have a ton thanks to Forever 21, but I hate taking off my earrings or diamond cross. So unless it's a special occasion where I'm going to see and be seen, I don't utilize all my fun pieces nearly often enough. Because of the specialness of the occasion, I want something a little fancier.

I'm really loving this one, and I totally think it's the front-runner. I especially love how it will contrast with the lemony-lime of the dress.


This one is just a bunch of pinky deliciousness.

This lavendar one is very similar, but the color -oh the color! It's loveliness embodied. I'm torn! So torn! I guess it might help if I already knew what shoes I was going to wear. Nothing new, mes amis. I have two beautiful pairs of heels to shoes from (get it?), and I'm not going to purchase a new pair.

Any suggestions?

1 comments:

FB @ FabulouslyBroke.com said...

Girl I am a FIEND for necklaces (as you may have noticed)

I would also like to put Etsy up for consideration in terms of finding a really unique beautiful necklace.

With that being said, that Orange Juice Anthropologie necklace is STUNNING and exactly the right piece of jewellery for that strapless lime-lemony green dress (which is a totally hot colour by the way).

It's a chunky, sparkling, orange counterpoint to it, and I am extremely partial to necklaces, so I want to put these other ones up for consideration (mind you, I didn't bother looking at the price tag. ahem.)

Unbloomed Bulb Necklace

Stepping Stones it's a weird colour combo but I like the navy blue with the dress. Very oddly beautiful.

Skystones (similar to Orange Juice)

And anything on Etsy that may catch your fancy :)

Let us know what you end up choosing!