Monday, April 13, 2009

Part-Time Lover

I'm slightly over my mini-meltdown. Slightly.

I've decided that I need to get a part-time job. I need a job that allows me to work nights and/or weekends and pays at least $10/hour. Hey, every little bit helps.

I'm currently checking job sites like monster and careerbuilder for part-time employment. I've also been scouring the internet looking for legit money-making opportunities.

I 'd love to be a dog walker or personal space/closet organizer or even a babysitter. But the truth is, in this economy, with people cutting back, there's really no market for those jobs.

I'm even considering going all Cocktail and going to bartending school.
Couldn't you see me doing this? I so could!

But those places don't advertise their course costs online. You've gotta call. And I really hate talking to people on the phone. Plus, the idea is to make money, not spend it.

I think my best bet is just to continue pursuing opportunities at Kaplan and The Princeton Review.

Any suggestions? I'm willing to try almost anything.

My next stop is strapping a mattress on my back and standing on the corner.

Just kidding. Kinda.

1 comments:

MJW said...

I'm considering taking classes to become a transcriptionist. I had 2 jobs but recently got laid off of one. :( I understand what you are going through for sure! Hopefully you'll find something soon!