Wednesday, April 8, 2009

Lady of Leisure

I am totally loving being on spring break and being a self-proclaimed lady of leisure.


Let's list the PROS:

*My house is clean! No, really! You could come over without calling, and I wouldn't have to ask you to wait outside for 30 minutes while I swept, mopped, and tidied! YOU COULD COME OVER UNANNOUNCED!

*I make dinner every night. And nothing that's prepackaged either! No Lean Cuisine, or sandwich, or cereal! Real food. And vegetables. EVERY night.

*I'm eating better. Goodness! I thought being at home all day would send me into a cookie/candy/ice cream eating tizzy. But no! I've been eating every 2-3 hourse, and I've lost weight. I'm sure it's just water weight, but let me tell you this: I weighed 134 on Monday, AND TODAY I WEIGHED 130.5! It might be because I'm getting my period. I know it doesn't really make sense, but I always feel that my body goes into overdrive, burning ridiculous calories as it prepares to shed my uterine lining.

*I can exercise. Because I'm not tired all the damn time! And I have no excuses. Because I've got ALL DAY!

*I can run all my errands on my own time. I don't have to rush after school or during the weekend. I've got all the time in the world, cookies. No hurries, no worries. Nice.

*I'm relaxed. Well, shucks! How could I not be? But I definitely had to mention it as a PRO.

Now for the major suck-olas:

*I might get a bit lazy. Today there was a Season 2 Joan of Arcadia marathon on the SciFi channel, and I totally would've watched it (if I didn't need to get my nails done or work on my tan -I'm not entirely kidding).

*The shopping ban has prevented me from spending copious amounts of money, but if I were doing this whole business without Lent saving me from my self, I'd probably be dropping dollars.

*Unless other people are off, it can get a little boring. No one to play with and all.

*Oh, yeah, AND BECAUSE I NEED TO WORK OR WE WOULD BE LIVING IN A VAN DOWN BY THE RIVER!

Hmmf. So the CONS definitely make me a little sad-face. Well, only the last one really. But I've really enjoyed my spring break.

And maybe someday....

1 comments:

Andie said...

I hear ya. I always feel like I get so much more accomplished when I take a day off to run errands and get stuff taken care of!