Monday, April 20, 2009

The Moment of Truth

Oh. My. Word. I weigh 136 pounds. Fat butt, much?

Today I received this month's issue of Self , and it had some mucho bueno info. about "dieting" and losing weight. It detailed the changes your body goes through and what to expect during the first few days, weeks, and months of losing weight.

My body responds really well to eating well and exercising, as evidenced by losing about four pounds (water weight, but weight is weight) during spring break. Unfortunately, the amount of food and alcohol I consumed during the weekend, and the subsequent week, brought that number on the scale, right back UP.

I ate lots better today, but I didn't exercise. :( J was home early, and I didn't sleep well last night. So when I came home from work, I took a nap. Delicious.

*Deep sigh.

What can I tell you?

I'll keep you posted.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I learned I just have to stop looking at the scale. Besides, 10 years down the road are you going to remember how much you weighed before spring break or are you going to remember how friggin' awesome your spring break was? That's what I thought. hehe

Anonymous said...

oops, I kept saying spring break, I meant your awesome (and possibly foggy hehe) weekend.

AmandaDufau said...

136??? Dude, I haven't seen 136 in over 8 years! That's a great number!
Just remember, slow and steady wins the race. No need to go on those crazy "lose 10 pounds in 2 days eating nothing but soup" diets. You'll look fabulous no matter what the scale says.