Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Missing in Action

I've been missing in action the past month. I've got a bunch of stuff going on in my head and my heart, and I haven't been able to write a cohesive post despite my bestest efforts. I'm thinking of taking a break from blogging (I know, I know -it's been a month. I've already taken a break, but whatever), which I'm sure will cause me to become so inspired that I'll be firing up this blog with posts, but I'm not holding my breath.

In the meantime, here's an update:

  • I've gotten so fat. Last year I gained 22 pounds, and that's because I haven't weighed myself since last Wednesday because it could be more, which is terrifying. I don't mind the extra junk in my trunk (even though my butt is like a bag of Ruffles potato chips -full of ridges), but the jelly in my belly has gots to go.
  • It's been freezing here. Everyday I wear leggings, pants, socks, boots, a t-shirt, a sweater, a sweater coat, and a scarf. Brutal. I can't wait for it to warm up so that I can go back to my uniform of dresses (none 0f my pants fit) and sandals (because at least my feet haven't gotten fat).
  • My birthday was last week, and even though I worked most of the day (I usually get really bad anxiety on my birthday) and was exhausted, I had a really chill evening with my family and friends, and I received lots of presents from my family, friends, coworkers, and students.
  • I've always wanted to write a book, but I've never been able to get a successful start. I think it'd be fun to write a memoir, maybe about my shopping addiction or my attempts to get pregnant, or even a children's book titled, The Adventures of Whitey. I'm still thinking.
  • Monday is MLK Jr. Day, and I have the day off. I'm thinking of going kayaking if it's warm enough. I need to be out. I miss being glowy and tan and being in the sunshine. I'm in need of some straight up Vitamin D.
  • I've decided that this will be my last year of teaching at my current school. It makes me sad because I've become so attached to my students and their families, but I need a better job. I was planning on working with my parents as a backup, but their business has been a little slow, so that's not definite. The good thing is that my check is prorated, so I get paid all the way through mid-August. Plenty of time to figure something out.
  • I have an appointment with the psychologist tomorrow. I've got some thoughts in my head that I need to get out to a third-party, someone who doesn't know or love me and is therefore not invested in my life. I've been driving myself and anyone around me who will listen crazy, and I'm just tired.

I think that's it. I'm sure there's more, but I'm at my night job and it's so slow I'm worried I'm going to get my balls busted.

2 comments:

Andie said...

You are definitely missed. I hope things work out for you!

Take care!

Erika said...

Yes, you have been missed. I hope you get to go kayaking this weekend, that sounds so fun. Good luck with everything:-)