Monday, December 14, 2009

My Girl Likes to Party All the Time

  • Today J asked me if I wanted him to wrap empty boxes so that it would feel as if we were exchanging gifts. When I said no, he said he'd be willing to wrap clothes from my closet. His theory being that it would still be a surprise when I opened the box. I love that silly boy.
  • I bought some bathing suits for my secret Santa, and OH. My. Word. They are teeny, tiny. The rep. at Victoria's Secret said that a smedium was equivalent to a size 10-12, and since my secret Santa is an 8 at her heaviest, I ordered a small bikini bottom. Bad, bad decision. Why did I listen to her? We all have big butts! It looks like it's from the children's department. So sad-face. But I'm wrapping it up with the order form, and she can return it because the last thing I want to do is start all over.
  • Today, my grandmother, who has been sick and often threatens to die and refuses to eat (she literally spits out her food), told my grandfather that she wanted to live long enough to see my baby born. It really made me smile. Until she started praying about how happy we would all be when my cousin C got pregnant. Did I mention she sometimes forgets things? Like that it's me that needs the baby, and it's C that would like to get married?
  • Yesterday I made a wreath (with these two hands!) by myself! I was in a zone when I made it because I totally do not have the patience for that Martha Stewart crap. But it came out really pretty, and it was completely free! It's hanging in my beautiful house.
  • My house looks amazing. I have a real tree, and I have a fake tree, and I have wreaths, and I have stars, and there are lights everywhere, and -oh, I just wish it could look like this all the time!
  • I'm still worried about my life, but I'm doing pretty well day by day. And that is making me happy. :)

3 comments:

AmandaDufau said...

We need to do a December book club meeting so that I can see your pretty Christmas house!!

liz said...

Can you take some pictures and post them so your NY peeps can see how lovely your casa looks?!

Lesli said...

You should take pictures of your pretty Christmas decorations.

I know I am a little late in commenting. Catching up on my blog reading.