Saturday, January 23, 2010

Birthday Wishes

For my birthday, I was blessed to receive a bunch of giftcards from some of my favorite places. Yay for me!

Here's a list of some of my purchases (and some of my intended purchases, as well):

  • My cousin C bought me a giftcard from Borders. And instead of buying books ( I have piles of unread books that are giving me mild anxiety because I feel compelled to read them, and I want to read them, but with all the working and eating and sleeping, I'm not finding the time), I bought these two workout DVD's.

Which I'm obviously not doing, because of all the sleeping, working, and eating. But I have all the positive intent in the world.

  • My coworkers bought me a giftcard to Forever 21, with which I was able to purchase these lovelies. They were only $16.80 (AND, they come in red, black, or blue), and my coworkers were blown away when I showed them my shoes (which are muchos cuter in person) and told them the cost. They were convinced that they were more expensive.

  • One of my students gave me a $50 Visa giftcard, which I used to buy this dress from Delia's. The practical side of me considered saving it to pay for a therapy or accupuncture session, but the broke fashionista inside me quickly won that argument. :)






  • My FF bought me a giftcard to Anthropologie, which has me spinning me wheels with delight. There's an old Cuban tale called, La Cucarachita Martina (Martina the Little Roach), who found some money and then couldn't figure out what to buy. And that's exactly how I feel. Here are some of my very impractical desires.
This bag is $368, and my giftcard is like a drop in the bucket to that ridiculous number, but I love the soft leathery goodness and total laissez-faire attitude that this bag is whispering.



I don't know if it's the way that it's styled (probably) or the fact that I just want to be this effortlessly relaxed senorita (definitely), but I love this top. At $68, I'm not sure it's worth it, though.
This necklace is $48 smackaroonies, which I also think is ridiculous, but it's big while still being delicate, which I totally love. AND it's part of that girl's outfit so, duh, I want it.
This last one is one of my favorites. It's totally me (on the mannequin, anyway). I'm worried that my newly super curvy hip wouldn't work with this dress, but I can't wait to try it on.

  • My sister also gave me a giftcard to Macy's, which I haven't even thought about yet. But that's okay. I love the fact that even though money's tight, I've got options.
    xoxo,


    Smart Cookie

1 comments:

Southern Cinderella said...

I just came across your blog and love it! Happy Late Birthday! I love the dress from Delia's and the yellow mustard/white one on the bottome! I almost bought one very similar!

Have a great week!