Tuesday, January 26, 2010

You Can Be Happy...

where you are. -Joel Osteen



It's just how you choose to perceive your circumstances.


Where I'm at:

  • in ridiculous debt,

  • not pregnant,

  • working four jobs,

  • hardly seeing or spending time with J,

  • overweight and overexhausted.

Where I'm at:

  • taking control of my finances,

  • pre-pregnant (one of my friends mentioned this when I told her I hated the word infertility and told her my therapist suggested sub-fertile. But pre-pregnant has a much nicer ring to it.),

  • blessed to have so many opportunities to make money,

  • appreciating the time I spend with my husband,

  • blessed to eat and sleep.

You see? Be your own PR person and spin your situation to your advantage. Because therein lies the truth. Don't listen to your inner Harold*. Know that your past and your present is essential to your future.

Besides, if things didn't occasionally suck, how would we be able to truly appreciate how far we've come?

Enjoy the journey, cookies. You're getting there.

xoxo,

Smart Cookie


*He's a smarmy liar who delights in your sadness. I hate that butthole.

0 comments: