Friday, October 23, 2009

Take, These Broken Wings


Today was officially my last day as the fifth grade homeroom teacher/2nd-5th grades reading/language teacher. Beginning on Monday, I'm going back to my second grade, self-contained classroom.

And it is bittersweet.

Because the outpouring of love from my fourth and fifth graders (two of whom bought me M&M's because they know those are my favorite treats) and one distraught parental call lamenting the fact that her son was only able to spend one quarter with me have made me feel as happy as a bird with a french fry.

Because the truth is, it's so much easier to listen to the haters, who are always more vocal than the lovers. And doing so is so dangerous. Because eventually, you start to believe what they're saying about you, eventually you begin to lose confidence and doubt yourself.

But if today was any indication, Mrs. LeDouchetard can suck it. Because bitch is definitely in the minority.

0 comments: