Saturday, October 25, 2008

Trapeze Me, Please!

Last week, I was down at bayfront park and I saw the most funnest thing in the whole wide world! A trapeze! Not only a trapeze, but a trapeze class! OMG, I am SO going to do it!
I've been feeling a little sad-face lately. Work has been kicking my ever-expanding ass (I've been eating my feelings all week, good-bye forever skinny jeans), and I just feel that my personal and private life has been somewhat stilted. I'm like the Woody Allen shark, my friends. If I stop moving, I'll die. And emotionally, I sometimes feel like I've stopped moving and shaking.
J. has been working non-stop, and that often leaves a lot of alone time. Not that I mean being alone. I revel in the fact that I'm an introvert. I love the idea of friends, but sometimes they are a bit overrated. I mean, I always know what I'm going to get with myself. You follow?
Anyway, the idea of learning the flying trapeze is something that I think will give me a little piece of myself back. Almost like earlier in the summer when I wanted to learn gymnastics, but felt like a dateline predator and had to drop the class. The lady on the phone did say there would be other adults there! Liar.
I've tried to get my cousins involved in this whole trapeze business. I thought C would definitely want to do it because she's so carefree and all, but she said she wasn't into it. I tried to convince her by telling her that if ever there was an emergency that would require the skill of a flying trapeze artist, she could rest easy in the knowledge that she had taken a class, but she wasn't buying that roll of baloney.
So, I told my friend S. from work (yes, I have friends, just not tons), and she was all into it. So, hopefully, next Saturday, I will be on the flying trapeze, and I'll be able to say, "Hello, self! How I've missed you!"

2 comments:

AmandaDufau said...

My first thought: the SATC episode where Carrie is afraid to get on the trapeze. I'm glad you're all for it, it looks like fun. Scary, but fun.

Claudia said...

I saw the classes on my way to the AAA a month ago and totally wanted to do it too. My husband thought I was crazy.