Friday, August 14, 2009

Some of My Favorite Things

This commercial. O. M. G. I swear it only comes on at night, and I've been telling everyone about it BUT NO ONE HAS SEEN IT BUT ME! And it combines my favorite things. Ice cream, cake, and a catchy beat.








Tell me that you're not singing it!


Hey Mon. Remember when I told you I got a part-time night job answering phones at night for my uncle's law firm? The job is only from 11:30 to 12:30, and I make $30 smackaroonies a night. Pretty awesome.

Well, this week I got promoted. At least that's what I'm telling people. Instead of answering the phones, I get to be the boss and communicate with the head of production at the station. So much better than answering the phones! And I HEART being the boss.

Anyhoodle, I get home late, and I'm pretty tired. When school starts, it'll be a challenge, but we need the money and I've got to hustle. So I'll be teaching, wearing my bossy boots, AND doing Saturday school once it starts. AND hopefully I can find one or two kids to tutor. So. Sometimes I feel like this:









My Nieces. I've been MIA because my lovely nieces came to visit last weekend. I had THE BEST TIME. We went to the beach, and to Venetian Pool and paddleboarding, and we ate delicous crepes, and pretended we were Miami Social by eating at Van Dykes. It was awesome. I only wish that we could've taken them out at night. Next time for sure. And pictures. I didn't take any. :(


If I could shrink them and carry them in my pocket, I totally would. They're beautiful and funny and bright and kind and I love them forever.

Gap Jeans. I'm really not into this whole distressed denim trend, but I'm loving these jeans and already wondering how I'm going to buy them and work them into my wardrobe.

Chocolate Shakes. I've been drinking a chocolate shake, EVERY NIGHT, for the last two weeks. At first, we were buying them from McDonald's, but now, I've perfected it, and I make them at home. Deliciousness.

The Ocean. When my nieces were here, I was happy that they wanted to spend so much time at the beach. Because the beach is so far, and it's a hassle to park, and there are so many frickin people, J and I never go to the beach unless we're in Marco Island. So I was super happy to be at the beach this weekend. The sun was shining, the water was warm, and it was just super relaxing.



La, la, la. The end.

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sounds like you had a great week! You should take over Miami Social. I'm sure it'd be funnier with you on it. haha