Sunday, September 5, 2010

You've Got Mail

The other day I was flipping through the channels when I heard this,


Sometimes I wonder about my life. I lead a small
life -well, valuable, but small -and sometimes I wonder do I do it because I like it, or because I haven't been brave. So much of what I see reminds me of something I read in a
book, when shouldn't it be the other way around? I don't really want an answer. I just want to send this cosmic question out into the void.
So good night, dear void.

-Kathleen Kelly, You've Got Mail



And it really resonanted.

I wonder.

About my life.

Like, shouldn't I want to run a marathon? Or parachute out of a plane? Or travel to India? Or go on safari?

Because I don't.

And I'm not really sure if that's a reflection of me.

I want big things.

But I guess the term "big things" is relative.

Something to think about.

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Awesome. Sorry I'm not a fellow 20 something girl but this post was too spot on how I feel sometimes to not say something.