Monday, May 17, 2010

Coming Up For Air

I've been so busy the past couple of weeks, and it only looks like I'm going to get busier.

I keep telling myself, "When school's over, I'll relax." But then I remember, when school's over, I'm going to work part-time with my parents. And when school's over, I'm still going to tutor. And when school's over, I still have to work at night.

I feel guilty telling my therapist and acupuncturist I'll slow down, when I know that really, I can't. This makes me incredibly nervous when it comes to this whole baby-making business, which will most likely be kicked into high gear at the end of June.

Add in the fact that my grandmother's health is rapidly failing and J and I promised my grandfather we would move in when she passed, and you've got a cocktail of anxiety brewing underneath the surface.

Deep breath.

Other than that, here's what else is new in my world:

*I lost my mind this past weekend and organized all my kitchen cabinets and drawers. I also cleaned out the small guest bathroom where I get my hair and make-up did each morning AND emptied out my bookcase. Four garbage bags (who knew we had so many cables and batteries?) and two ginormous boxes of books later, I was done. I hate organizing, but I love the finished result. Now to tackle the master and guest bedrooms.

*I bought these J.Crew shoes. And they are just as lovely in person as they look online.

*I haven't lost a lot of weight, but I haven't gained any weight either. I hope to make it under 150 pounds soon.

*J's birthday is Friday! He is turning 38!

*I found this really amazing infertility blog. If you're struggling with infertility, or know someone who is (ahem), you might want to take a look.

*Despite the overwhelming sadness that I've felt this month, I was blessed beyond belief when my FF and her husband made J and I the godparents to her child. Definitely sweet relief in this sea of bitterness that sometimes overwhelms me.

That's all. :)

0 comments: