Monday, April 26, 2010

Like a Moth to a Flame

I'm a sucker for any kind of coupon or discount. Even though I know -I KNOW! that LOGICALLY, I will end up spending more than I save. But when I have that coupon in my hot little hands, reason flies out the door.



Last week, I got a coupon for New York & Company. I've never been a huge fan, but the last time I visited one of their stores, I was pleasantly surprised. So, I put my Spend $75 save $30, Spend $150 save $75 in my bag and planned a Saturday visit.


Oh, cookies. The plan was to only spend $75 to save the $30, but I'm sure you can guess that that is not what happened.

When the cashier rung up my purchases, the total (with tax) was $119. So I figured I'd buy my mom a shirt for Mother's Day, and save money.

Yes, I said it. Save money.

But what I didn't realize is that the coupons are only valid for pre-tax totals. So I had to sacrifice myself and buy two headbands to make it to $150. And of course, I spent more because remember, I had to spend $150 pretax. Deep sigh.


Boo. Hoo.



Here are the things I bought:
Loving this dress. Super simple, but with a brown belt, some gladiator sandals, and some colorful necklaces, I'll be good to go. For some reason I've noticed that lately, I'm drawn to very neutral colors.
This is much cuter in person. Digging the embellished neckline.

I actually bought this shirt in cream for me and in blue for my mother.

So my grand total? $92.

Deep sigh.

Every time, cookies. Every time.






0 comments: